ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating Site Documentation
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:15:34 GMT
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Tjeerd Verhagen <tjeerd.verhagen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No Ivy does not have site generation capabilities.
>
> You could use Maven for that, or Stylebook from Ant. Or one of the other
> projects like (no particular order):
> - cocoon
> - velocity / anakia / DocBook framework
> - forrest
> - or some other

We use xooki to maintain Ivy documentation, it's an in browser documentation
engine, which makes it very easy to edit pages and still benefit from text
based documentation (merge, patches, ...)

> It really depens on what kind of information you want to document  /
> generate, and how to present it. And in what source format (DocBook, Dita,
> other) it is.
>
> If it is written documentation (like, use cases, manuals, etc) you can use
> one of the above frameworks. Or is it generated information like javadoc,
> and reports like CPD, FundBugs, JDpend, etc.? Then you'll need to run the
> ant task and generate one html page (could be done through echo) to create
> an index page.

To generate and gather various reports you can have a look at glean:
http://jbrugge.com/glean/

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/