ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help:effective-pom for Ivy
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:20:48 GMT
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Evgeny Chesnokov <e.v.ches@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good day.
>
> I wonder if there is something like Maven's "help:effective-pom" for
> Ivy. That is a command that outputs the sum of all default settings,
> your custom settings files and the build script file itself into a
> single xml file that is easy to process.
>
> My particular need is to retrieve the list of all declared
> repositories, or resolvers, along with their URLs.

There is no such support currently. In debug mode you've got a dump of most
important things in the settings, which can maybe used / refined to do what
you want. Another nicer solution would be to write your own IvyTask (you
just need to extend IvyTask) and then query the loaded settings to do what
you want (in an IvyTask you just need to call getIvyInstance().getSettings()
to get access to the settings).

OTOH you can open an issue to ask for this feature, but I don't think if it
will be implemented soon if you don't provide a patch, contrary to Maven we
don't use a bi directional mapping between Java and XML, so recreating the
XML can be cumbersome.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/