ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxying ivy repositories
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 06:37:50 GMT
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:01 AM,
> > <paul.newport@targetgroup.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Is it possible to somehow put in a team
> > proxy/cache so that the following
> > > happens when you do a retrieve for the first time
> > >
> > > a) looks in local cache
> > > b) looks in team cache
> > > c) looks on internet
> > > d) finds jar
> > > e) updates team cache
> > > f) updates local cache
> >

> > You can implement this with a custom
> > RepositoryCacheManager implementation,
> > but this is not documented, so you'll need to hack
> > in Ivy's code. Another
> > solution is to use Ivy cache for local cache, and a
> > web proxy for team
> > cache.
> >

> Xavier:  Do you have any more information on that last
> idea?  I am interested in something like this as well.

Ivy is not doing anything fancy with HTTP, so a simple web proxy with cache
like you can setup with apache mod_proxy or squid should work pretty well,
especially if you don't use changing revisions.

There also might be another option with glen marchesani proxy, but I don't
know if he has published/open sourced it since he talked about it last
december:
http://markmail.org/message/7l4hbbqnodfpacnb

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/