ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Brian Matzon <mat...@certus.dk>
Subject Support for non-classfiles archives
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 06:57:18 GMT
Hi All

I have had some talks with some people about the http://lwjgl.org
project being "mavenized". The core problem being that lwjgl has both
jar files, but also native files (.so, .dll, .dylib - x86 & x64).
As an Ivy user, the only solution to the above seems to be that I have
to create an artifact for each of these files (annoying at best), but
this also means that I have to have each of the files lying uncompressed
on a repository. Something like this:
<artifact name="lwjg" type="native"        conf="win32"         ext="dll"/>
I would need 9 of these entries!

It would be similar to having an artifact for each class file (hyperbole)!

Alternatively I can have ivy retrieve a native package and then manually
have a target that extracts it - but this also seems like a bad idea?

I am not sure if this can be solved using Ivy-Roundup - but I somehow
feel that Ivy should be able to handle non-classfiles archives?

/matzon