ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Archie Cobbs" <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Support for non-classfiles archives
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:46:09 GMT
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Brian Matzon <matzon@certus.dk> wrote:
> I have had some talks with some people about the http://lwjgl.org project
> being "mavenized". The core problem being that lwjgl has both jar files, but
> also native files (.so, .dll, .dylib - x86 & x64).
> As an Ivy user, the only solution to the above seems to be that I have to
> create an artifact for each of these files (annoying at best), but this also
> means that I have to have each of the files lying uncompressed on a
> repository. Something like this:
> <artifact name="lwjg" type="native"        conf="win32"         ext="dll"/>
> I would need 9 of these entries!
>
> It would be similar to having an artifact for each class file (hyperbole)!
>
> Alternatively I can have ivy retrieve a native package and then manually
> have a target that extracts it - but this also seems like a bad idea?
>
> I am not sure if this can be solved using Ivy-Roundup - but I somehow feel
> that Ivy should be able to handle non-classfiles archives?

>From an Ivy perspective, it seems like the right thing to do is have a
different configuration for the various combinations of architecture
and O/S... not ideal but at least reasonable.

Regarding the unpacking, you can do this with the packager resolver
(which is what Ivy RoundUp uses). But all that adds really is the
ability to extract the Ivy artifacts from ZIP, TGZ, etc. files. You
still will have to define each of these artifacts in your ivy.xml,
assign them to configurations, etc.

Hope this helps.

-Archie

--