ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Louis Boudart" <jboud...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Generic build system?
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:44:15 GMT
Using a script language like groovy for build system sounds interesting.
Doing complexe things will be easier, using a groovy than doing it in
Ant-XML.

What i doesn't like in gradle is the "new syntax" for dependencies
declaration, 'cause you can't use all the stuff behind ivy (like the
eclipse plugin IvyDe) or you must configure application tu use  ivy.xml
generated by  gradle. :/
What about integration with continuous integration?

I think that easyant seems to be more closed to what i'm looking for, even
if it's only a "POC"  version.

Being more explicits about what i like in  easyant :
    It seems to be really easy to override or extends existing targets and
path.
    There is different kind of "build module". build-plugins are separated
of phases (inspired by the same concept in maven).
    On basic project you only need an ivy.xml file on your project.

I'll try to merge my own build-system with easy ant i'll give you a
feedback in few days.

Cheers
Jean-Louis