ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <russel.win...@concertant.com>
Subject Re: Generic build system?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 06:24:36 GMT
On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 12:52 -0700, Jim White wrote:

> I also do a lot with Groovy and one of its good features is making Ant
> tasks easily used as functions.  There are also several new build tools
> based on that.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=groovy+build+tools

Being more explict:

Groovy has the AntBuilder which makes programming Ant tasks with Groovy
very straightforward.

Gant is a lightweight framework around AntBuilder and Groovy to provide
the infrastructure that everyone would replicate if they had only Groovy
and AntBuilder.  Gant's goal is to make Ant task scripting using Groovy
really easy.   It has various little toolkits and target sets, including
an Ivy tool.

Gradle is a complete convention over configuration build system using
Groovy and ivy.

Given these, hopefully the days of having to handcraft XML files are
numbered :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077