ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:52:54 GMT
I'm just getting started with Ivy, but one thing that is very
important for me is to easily download source JARs where available.

<ivy-module version="2.0">
   <info organisation="com.nfjs.hls" module="blogapp"/>
   <configurations>
       <conf name="runtime" description="Dependencies needed at runtime."/>
   </configurations>
   <publications>
       <artifact name="blogapp" type="war" conf="runtime" ext="war"/>
   </publications>
   <dependencies>
       <dependency org="org.apache.tapestry" name="tapestry-core"
rev="5.0.11" conf="runtime->default">
           <exclude module="servlet-api"/>
       </dependency>
   </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

<project xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant" name="blogapp">

   <target name="-ivy-setup">
       <ivy:settings file="ivysettings.xml"/>
   </target>

   <target name="update-libs" depends="-ivy-setup"
description="Download external library dependencies">
       <ivy:retrieve sync="true"
pattern="${ivy.lib.dir}/[conf]-[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
type="jar,source"/>
   </target>

</project>

This runs and places my expected dependencies in lib/runtime-jars/ as
I want them.

However, there is no lib/runtime-sources folder.

I get the same results if I omit the type attribute on <ivy:retrieve/>.

How does Ivy associate an artifact with its source artifact?

The things I'm downloading, tapestry JARs and such, all have source
JARs (built and deployed via Maven).

Seems like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-325 addesses part
of this; is there any kind of reasonable work-around?

Thanks for any pointers,

Howard

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship