ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Newport" <>
Subject Plea for a forum
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:31:58 GMT
Looking through the mail archive, there was a thread asking for a
forum instead of a mailing list.

I've started looking at IVY recently and have had to subscribe at work
with my work email address, and at home with my home one, which is
somewhat frustrating.

Mailing lists may have been OK years ago, but I seriously believe you
are shooting yourselves in the foot by having a mailing list instead
of forum. Look at the forum used by the Spring Project, or the JBoss
crew, highly active, loads of users and traffic, easy to search, can
log in whether at home or at work.

Also some people's work IT managers like to monitor email traffic
(don't you love 'em) and frown upon constant emails coming in from a
mailing list.

View raw message