ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fernandes, Gerard" <gerard.fernan...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Why use retrieve + standard ant path creation over cachepath?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:31:28 GMT
Personally, I use retrieve only for packaging and cachepath for
development.

This suits our requirements - your requirements may dictate a different
approach.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:davidcorley@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 June 2008 12:00
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Why use retrieve + standard ant path creation over cachepath?

In the Ivy documentation for the <ivy:cachepath> task, it suggests
*"Please prefer the use of retrieve + standard ant path creation, which
make your build more independent from ivy (once artifacts are properly
retrieved, ivy is not required any more)."*

Do most people follow this retrieve+ant practice? Cachepath worked well
for me when a module + all of it's dependencies were resolved from the
same location, but it had issues when the module was resolved from
multiple repositories.

Regards,
Dave

Those who understand binary and those who do not.

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.