ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Plea for a forum
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:17:04 GMT
I'm kind of neutral on the issue, but it's worth noting that a forums
are also fairly prone to getting blocked by modern content proxies,
which are much more sophisticated at detecting and blacklisting any form
of online communications.

I just register a gmail address in addition to my corporate address.
Corporate is what I use for communication, the gmail is for searching,
online archival, and POP retrieval if necessary.  Gmail is much better
suited for this purpose than Nabble and other mediocre mail aggregators,
IMO.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Newport [mailto:newportmeister@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:32 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Plea for a forum

Looking through the mail archive, there was a thread asking for a forum
instead of a mailing list.

I've started looking at IVY recently and have had to subscribe at work
with my work email address, and at home with my home one, which is
somewhat frustrating.

Mailing lists may have been OK years ago, but I seriously believe you
are shooting yourselves in the foot by having a mailing list instead of
forum. Look at the forum used by the Spring Project, or the JBoss crew,
highly active, loads of users and traffic, easy to search, can log in
whether at home or at work.

Also some people's work IT managers like to monitor email traffic (don't
you love 'em) and frown upon constant emails coming in from a mailing
list.