ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Aikens" <paik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:17:25 GMT
Especially in GMail, your methods wouldn't work.  If I just want to find the
e-mail my friend Bob sent me last month sometime with the name of that
website I can't remember, just quickly searching for "Bob website" in the
GMail search bar would probably hit dozens/hundreds of archived mailing list
e-mails in addition to the one I want, regardless of using labels and
archiving.  If I DILLIGENTLY labelled every e-mail, I could restrict the
search to a given label.  WAY too much time managing my e-mail at that
point.  Life's too short to spend that many hours sorting and tagging
messages.  Yeah, I could register another GMail account, but now I have yet
another e-mail address to maintain - I already monitor too many as it is -
I'd probably never even see the messages anymore since I'd probably never
feel I had the time to look at it.  I hate the idea of mailing lists in
general - in a perfect world I would only want mail addressed DIRECTLY to me
and addressing ONLY me in the body sent to my e-mail account - it's for
personal messages only.  Right now I tend to ignore mailing list traffic out
of habit because of its volume.  This thread only caught my eye as my
hopefulness for a forum I could visit only when necessary or had time to
devote to it piqued my interest.

Speaking of time, I suppose I've already spent too much time on this
anyway.  My interest has already been answered - no forum, not likely in the
future.  Time to delete this thread and set up the kill filter for the
subject.

--
Frank Lloyd Wright  - "TV is chewing gum for the eyes."