ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Aikens" <paik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:50:48 GMT
Not really - personally, I dislike Nabble greatly.  Terrible interface.  I'm
one of the ones who would prefer a forum to the mailing list - mailing lists
are just a dead method of collaboration.  I fail to see anything that sets a
mailing list above a forum, unless it's to feed the laziness or
forgetfulness of people who have to have the topics come to them instead of
the other way around.  I have GMail, and it's certainly not a replacement
for a decent forum - even with it's unlimited space, it's just silly to
think that ALL the Ivy users with GMail or an IMAP account should store
their own local cache of messages so they can search them later.  I clean
out all mailing list traffic on a regular basis - I don't have any Ivy
mailing list posts more than a week old.  I don't want it cluttering up hits
in my personal mail when I search it, and I certainly don't want to have to
include search modifiers EVERY time I search my mail to omit all the mailing
lists.  I'll fall back on *shudder* Nabble if I need them again.

At least the replies on this thread have been mostly civil - I was worried
when I saw Kili's reply that we would have a string of troll-bait like his.