ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject latest strategies and build reproducability
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:37:47 GMT
Maybe a dumb question.

I'm not taking advantage of using the latest strategies and am investigating it.

If proj b depends on proj a   and b defines a dependency on a that is "latest.integration".....

I do an "official" release of proj b which tags it in svn.    At that time the ivy.xml is
tagged with the "latest.integration" value which is bad of course for reproducibility purposes.

How are you guys handling this in real world situations?

I assume you just change that value prior to releasing and maybe have a build task which ensures
there are no dynamic rev's at release time?