ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Colin Fleming" <colin.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:53:27 GMT
For what it's worth, I'm pretty much in favour of mailing lists, and
in my ever so humble opinion I'm not a dinosaur, I'm quite the
hipster. For me the main argument is as stated - being able to track
lots of lists simultaneously. GMail does this excellently - I have a
special account which I only use for mailing lists, all mail gets
tagged when it comes in and optionally archived immediately. It
basically enables me to turn a mailing list into a forum, whereas the
opposite is almost never possible.

As for being a means to achieve more traffic - maybe, I'm not sure.
I'd hate to see the traffic here split between a forum and the list,
because then I'd have to check both, and realistically it would
greatly reduce my chances of seeing any particular message.

Cheers,
Colin