ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: How to use Ivy to publish artifacts to archiva or arifactory?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 03:13:12 GMT
Hi Jason,

On Jun 17, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Jason Southern wrote:

> I've also been trying to determine how to publish ivy.xml and
> modules to
> Archiva using ivy:publish and found this thread. I read the posts from
> MarkMail and I didn't see any issue in JIRA directly related to webdav
> support. Will this be supported in Ivy 2.0?
>
> Giles mentions using Slide, although its a retired project. Has any
> investigated using the Jackrabbit WebDAV library to implement this?

Slide seems still the way to go. Have a look at:

http://pragmaticchris.blogspot.com/2007/11/java-webdav-clients.html

HttpClient 4.0 might have WebDav support in the future.

> I've
> used neither, but I am very interested in not having to switch out
> Archiva
> in my environment. Wanted to know the status before I go off an
> explore the
> feasibility of using this library to accomplish it. If no one else is
> working on it, I'm willing to prototype it and discuss how to roll
> it into
> the Ivy codebase.

You might have a look at Gradle's limited implementation (see my
earlier email):

http://svn.codehaus.org/gradle/gradle-core/trunk/src/main/groovy/org/
gradle/api/internal/dependencies/WebdavRepository.java
http://svn.codehaus.org/gradle/gradle-core/trunk/src/main/groovy/org/
gradle/api/internal/dependencies/WebdavResolver.java

Here is a Implementation of the WebDav Put method that seems to
contain all the necessary WebDav logic for implementing Ivy WebDav
support.

http://www.krugle.org/kse/codespaces/EGreCy

Full WebDav support in Ivy 2.0 would be awesome.

- Hans