ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <>
Subject Re: <ivy:cachepath> conf attribute is required but docs say it is not + other docs issue
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:03:38 GMT

could you create a JIRA issue for your problem with ivy:cachepath?
I think the doc is correct in this case and should default to "*".

Could you create another JIRA issue to document this keep attribute?
This attribute means that the results of the resolve are kept in memory, so you can reuse
it for another post-resolve task.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave <>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:11:07 PM
Subject: <ivy:cachepath> conf attribute is required but docs say it is not + other docs

Currently if I use the <ivy:cachepath> task without carrying out a
<ivy:resolve> beforehand and without setting the "conf" attribute, I see the
no conf provided for ivy cache task: It can either be set explicitely via
the attribute 'conf' or via 'ivy.resolved.configurations' property or a
prior call to <resolve/>

The documentation says that Ivy should default to using the "*"
configuration if the conf attribute is not set. I should note I'm using
"inline=true" in the <ivy:cachepath> task.

So are the docs wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, while I'm here, can I ask what the following means from the docs page
on post-resolve tasks:
*All these tasks will trigger automatically a resolve if: *

   - *none has already been called in the current build with the attribute keep
   set to true (see below)*

There is no mention of a "keep" attribute in the <ivy:resolve> doc page, so
what does it mean?

I use the trunk versions of Ivy, so the documentation is all up-to-date.

Those who understand binary and those who do not.

View raw message