ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy Repository Manager
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:17:04 GMT
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Matthias Kilian <kili@outback.escape.de>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:35:14PM +0200, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > gen-content .xml should still work, but you need to have a layout like
> this
> > for your ivy files:
> > [organisation]/[module]/ivy-[revision].xml
> >
> > If you have another layout, you'll need to make some adjustments.
>
> Apropos gen-content, here's some idea rotting on my ever-growing
> TODO-list: since a delivered ivy.xml does *not* reflect the versions
> that are resolved, but the versions that are wanted by *this*
> ivy.xml, generating and *publishing* resolution reports together
> with the ivy.xml and the other artefacts may be a good idea. The
> next step would be to bake an xslt that transforms the ivy.xml *and*
> the resolution report into some more detailed overview.

You can already do this manually, and it sounds like a good idea. We have
even discussed putting the whole dependency closure in the delivered Ivy
file. It would make transitive dependencies resolution much easier, faster
and safer. We'd obviously need to handle cases where the dependency closure
has not been published in the ivy file, but it could be an interesting
feature.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/