ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVYDE for Ivy 2
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:55:19 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM, <paul.newport@targetgroup.net> wrote:

> "Thanks to Nicolas, IvyDE is in the process of being released as an alpha
> version. You can already try it out and even vote on the dev list for it:
> http://people.apache.org/~hibou/ivyde-2.0.0.alpha1/updatesite/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehibou/ivyde-2.0.0.alpha1/updatesite/>
> "
>

> Thanks.
>
> Two problems found with this so far:
>
> a) if you only install the beta vesion of ivy from this update site and
> then (for whatever reason) use the Eclipse "revert to previous
> installation" option to go back in time to before you installed the beta,
> and then try install the ivyde, the ivyde does not twig that the beta
> version of ivy has been disabled in the current config, so you can't
> install ivy de because you can't install ivy beta. If that makes sense.

This is strange, but I don't know if it's realted to how Nicolas prepared
the site. Update site in eclipse are known to have some issues, eclipse 3.4
which is due today has a fully rewritten provisionning system called p2
which will greatly improve this. ATM, I suggest launching eclipse with
-clean option and then re install IvyDE.

> b) Tried the install on Eclipse 3.3 and fine. In Eclipse 3.2 (IBM RAD 7)
> and you get this in your .log

Thanks for reporting. The update site is not the defintive one, and mirror
handling at Apache is somewhat complex, I guess it will be handled
differently once deployed on the final site. If it still doesn't work, we'll
inform people using eclipse 3.2 to use the binary distribution instead of
the update site.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/