ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:41:55 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM, <paul.newport@targetgroup.net> wrote:

> "For what it's worth, I'm pretty much in favour of mailing lists, and
> in my ever so humble opinion I'm not a dinosaur, I'm quite the
> hipster. For me the main argument is as stated - being able to track
> lots of lists simultaneously. GMail does this excellently - I have a
> special account which I only use for mailing lists, all mail gets
> tagged when it comes in and optionally archived immediately"
>
> This may well be, but completely useless for those of us who do not have
> access to web mail from work. THis is why we need a forum.
>
> Last comment on the thread, up to the IVY guys now to decide.

Not really, Ivy being a project of the ASF, we have to follow the ASF rules.
And the ASF is clear on the subject [1]: "Communication is done via mailing
lists."

That being said, I also like the mailing lists for reasons listed by others.
IMO tools like google group offer the best of both worlds. But maybe the
best would simply be mail 2.0 [2] [3]

Xavier

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#communication
[2]