ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Cutting A Release ?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:38:06 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Helmut Denk <helmut.denk@gmx.de> wrote:

> hello ivy-users,
>
> is there some support for manipulating ivy.xml
> during the the transition of status from integration
> to release ?

There's some kind of support, placed in the deliver task. This one is able
to replace "dynamic" revisions by static ones, based on what has been
actually resolved. But you can customize that, probably with some Java code,
for instance to implement recursive delivery (deliver all dependencies which
are not yet in release status for instance). This is something very powerful
I've implemented in a couple of build systems, it takes some time to setup
but then you get something very powerful. It might not fit exactly what you
want, but I suggest looking at the source code if you need tweaking.

Xavier