ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Directories as artifacts
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:17:50 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:14 PM, <Paul.Mackay@nokia.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to define a directory as an artifact? The documentation
> shows only files, e.g. zip, jar as possible artifacts but we have use
> cases where much of our build input is present on the filesystem as part
> of an scm tool work area, and must be copied to a build area. Is there
> any way to have Ivy identify a directory as a valid input, or do we need
> to find a file inside that directory that could represent the whole
> input, as it were?

There's already a JIRA to accept directories as artifact (IVY-209), vote for
it, and it may come close to the most requested feature!

ATM the workaround often suggested is to zip the directory before publish,
and unzip after resolve / retrieve.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/