ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fred" <>
Subject Download by using a proxy
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:21:00 GMT

I'm trying to run the very first ivy tutorial described at [1]. When I
execute ant with the provided build.xml, I'm getting http error 407 (proxy
authentication required).

Note that I set ANT_OPTS as described in the FAQ;

set ANT_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyHost=myproxyhost -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
-Dhttp.proxyUserName=myproxyusername -Dhttp.proxyPassword=myproxypassword

I seen on ivy jira a few bug reports about proxy usage[2][3], I tried the
suggested fixes but I'm constantly getting the same error.

I tested to download the jar manually by using either my browser or wget.
They are working well.

As I'm getting error 407, I can infer a communication with the proxy has
been done somehow. Therefore I'm suspecting that an option name is wrong
or something else... -- maybe one of the value I provided myself is wrong,
but I did double-check those values with wget.

So I'm a bit lost.

Any hints will be appreciated.

View raw message