ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Kishore Vajjala" <>
Subject Help with maven optional dependencies
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:24:08 GMT

I'm a new ivy user and briefly this is the scenario I have.

<ivy-module version="2.0">
<info organisation="ivy-ivy" module="ivy-test"/>
  <conf name="compile" description="compile time dependencies" />
  <conf name="runtime" description="run time dependencies" />
  <!-- runtime dependencies -->
  <dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="1.2.8"

and the ivy build target is
<target name="ivy-resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies with ivy">

  <ivy:retrieve pattern="${webinf.lib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
conf="runtime" sync="true" />
  <ivy:retrieve pattern="${devlib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
conf="compile" sync="true" />

Now spring atrifact has a lot of optional dependencies which I do not want
in my 'runtime' configuration.

I have followed the instructions in the thread

And I still see that ivy is trying to get jta which is optional and ivy is
still trying to download the optional dependencies.

Can you please help me with this.