ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jim White <...@pagesmiths.com>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:23:03 GMT
I prefer forums myself because they can have good archive support.

But having been involved with OSS development for a long time I'm very
aware that most core developers prefer to deal with email and simply use
good (or at least familiar) tools to manage the complexity.

I'm fairly certain the reason forums are refused by many is because each
one has a different interface and when you're dealing with as many as a
dozen or two lists the prospect of using a different UI for each one is
appalling.

But just because there is a mailing list doesn't mean you can't have a
forum-style web interface.  There are several web services that turn
public mailing lists into web forums.  Nabble, Mail-archive, and
MarkMail cover many lists including ivy-user.

http://www.nabble.com/ivy-user-f18383.html

http://markmail.org/browse/org.apache.ant.ivy-user

As for the email account home/work problem, just get a GMail account for
that purpose and that will turn any mailing list into a web forum.

Jim