ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dave <davidcor...@gmail.com>
Subject <ivy:cachepath> conf attribute is required but docs say it is not + other docs issue
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:11:07 GMT
Currently if I use the <ivy:cachepath> task without carrying out a
<ivy:resolve> beforehand and without setting the "conf" attribute, I see the
following:
==================
no conf provided for ivy cache task: It can either be set explicitely via
the attribute 'conf' or via 'ivy.resolved.configurations' property or a
prior call to <resolve/>
==================

The documentation says that Ivy should default to using the "*"
configuration if the conf attribute is not set. I should note I'm using
"inline=true" in the <ivy:cachepath> task.

So are the docs wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, while I'm here, can I ask what the following means from the docs page
on post-resolve tasks:
*All these tasks will trigger automatically a resolve if: *

   - *none has already been called in the current build with the attribute keep
   set to true (see below)*

There is no mention of a "keep" attribute in the <ivy:resolve> doc page, so
what does it mean?

I use the trunk versions of Ivy, so the documentation is all up-to-date.

Those who understand binary and those who do not.