ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dave <>
Subject Ivy Status usage question
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:06:53 GMT
Hey all,
I'm still coming to grips with the power of Ivy (it's a really extraordinary
tool), and I've a question I'm hoping you can help me with.
I have a component called "common". I'd like to be able to store 3 versions
in our shared repository.
1. A released version 1.0
2. A development version so other components can get the latest changes
3. An integration testing version, which is a milestone of the development

I intend to map the following existing Ivy status to each version
1 = Release
2 = Integration
3 = Milestone

2 and 3 will eventually become release 1.1

I'd like to know what's the best way of handling such a situation so that
it's as little maintenance as possible.
Should I use a repository with:

or should I just have a common folder without any version sub-folders, and
create versioned jars and ivy files for each artifact publishing them all
the same common folder?

Any best practice tips for me in this regard?

Thanks in advance,

Those who understand binary and those who do not.