ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: dynamically modifying dependency versions during resolve
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:49:53 GMT
On Thu 2008-06-26 at 18:13h, Jim Adams wrote on ivy-user:
> > Personally I think it's fine in that case to either temporarily add a
> > dependency A->C or locally publish a version of B with an updated
> > dependency B->C. The normal case for me is that the changes in A
> > depend on the changes in C, and hence one of these dependency updates
> > will become necessary anyway.
>
> I think one of the problems is that you don't want that dependency
> to "leak" into your code. You certainly don't want to push your ivy
> file out with that change.

As I wrote above, the change is normally necessary anyway, so yes I
want that change to be published eventually.

Another thing we sometimes do is that we move attributes from the Ivy
file to a build.properties file when there's a need for them to
sometimes be locally overridden. Users have a build.local.properties
file where they can override these properties. Something similar could
probably be done at the XML level.

-- Niklas Matthies