ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Plea for a forum
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:39:25 GMT
On Mon 2008-06-23 at 16:17h, Patrick Aikens wrote on ivy-user:
> Especially in GMail, your methods wouldn't work.

I'm not really familiar with GMail or its web interface, so somebody
else would have to comment on that. I would recommend using a desktop
client software (like Thunderbird or similar) synchronizing with one
or more IMAP accounts. A good e-mail software set up properly is
massively more effective in saving time using mailing lists than any
web forum software I've ever seen (or can imagine).

:
> in a perfect world I would only want mail addressed DIRECTLY to me
> and addressing ONLY me in the body sent to my e-mail account - it's
> for personal messages only.

No, in a perfect world there would be no web forums. ;) ;) ;)

-- Niklas Matthies