ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Working Offline
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:39:26 GMT
Le mercredi 28 mai 2008, Robert Voliva a écrit :
> We just recently implemented Ivy across the development team to manage
> our dependencies, and all is going well except for one thing.  We
> currently aren't able to work without an Internet connection.  Every
> time Eclipse starts up, it throws errors about not being able to
> find/resolve the ivy files and dependencies.

The 1.2 versions of IvyDE used to not correctly load preferences on startup
and then trying to resolve dependencies against ibiblio. This has been fixed
in the trunk version.

With the trunk version at statup only a refresh of the classpath is done. It
should only read the dependency report in the cache.

> Does anyone have any advice as to how to use Ivy so that we can be
> disconnected and still write code in Eclipse?

Nothing has been done so far. You might be interested by :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-74

> For some background, we are using a URL for our Ivy settings file.
> Also, we have the "changing=true" attribute defined on all of our
> internal modules, which I'm thinking could be at play here also.

an URL of your ivy settings: an HTTP url ?
I know that IvyDE might read the ivy settings quite a lot of times. But if the
ivy settings change remotely, I think you expect IvyDE to take the change
into account immediately.

Nicolas