ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fred" <f...@namurlug.org>
Subject Re: Download by using a proxy
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:11:19 GMT
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, <fred@namurlug.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to run the very first ivy tutorial described at [1]. When
>> I execute ant with the provided build.xml, I'm getting http error
>> 407 (proxy authentication required).
>
> Do you know what sort of Proxy you are using?
>
> I've had serious trouble getting past a MS ISA server with NTLM
> authentication using the "built-in proxy support if the JDK" I finally
> gave in and used commons-httpclient instead of Java's URL class.
>
> I realize this doesn't help you with the Ivy case, I'm just trying to
> collect some data.
>
> Can you use Ant's <get> with these ANT_OPTS or using Ant's <setprox>
> task?

Well... Cool, I didn't know these ant tasks... I tested with <setproxy>
and it did work well.

So... If I'm not wrong, you should update you build.xml by adding setproxy
and set the value of the task attributes with the value of properties
given as parameters... and the very first tutorial will work in most cases
:o)

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Fred.