ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <terry.je...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Configurations really hard to understand
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:29:46 GMT

Thx Ruel,

I created a "runtime" conf on the servlet-api dependency on my coreTools
api. I then added coreTools api as a dependency in my web app, but gave it a
"compile" conf. Since the web app was using a "compile" configuration, I
thought that it would ignore the "runtime" dependency on coreTools api.

for example, here is the coreTools api:

<ivy-module version="1.0">
    <info organisation="com.foo" module="coreTools"/>
	<configurations defaultconfmapping="runtime->runtime(*)">
	  <conf name="runtime" description="Run Time dependencies"/>
	</configurations>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="javax.servlet" name="servlet-api" rev="2.4"
conf="runtime"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

and here is the web app using a compile conf:

<ivy-module version="1.0">
    <info organisation="com.foo" module="reports"/>
	<configurations defaultconfmapping="compile->compile(*)">
	  <conf name="compile" description="Build Time dependencies"/>
	</configurations>
    <dependencies>

    	<dependency name="coreTools" rev="latest.integration" conf="compile"/>

</ivy-module>

But building the reports module still pulls down servlet-api from coreTools.

[ivy:retrieve]  confs: [compile]
[ivy:retrieve]  found com.foo#coreTools;10 in projects
[ivy:retrieve]  [10] com.foo#coreTools;latest.integration
[ivy:retrieve]  found javax.servlet#servlet-api;2.4 in libraries