ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <terry.je...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configurations really hard to understand
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:21:18 GMT

I am new to Ivy coming over from Maven, and I too am having difficulty
figuring out configurations (glad I am not alone <g>).  I like Xavier's
suggestion below about providing a set of mappings that are similar to
Maven's scopes. Did this idea get dropped? If so, perhaps you could update
the documentation to show how you would implemented a "provided" scoped
dependency in Ivy.

I have what should be a simple problem. We have an in-house commonToolsApi
that has a "provided" scoped dependency on servlet-api. I build and publish
this jar so it is available for other applications. We have a web app that
depends on commonToolsApi.jar. When I build the web app, servlet-api always
gets added to the lib directory. I know this should be trivial to fix using
configurations but after several attempts, it always gets add. Which means I
really don't understand what is going on.  I realize that eventually the
light bulb will go off, but right now I feel pretty dim.<g>