ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ernest Pasour <Ernest.Pas...@sas.com>
Subject dynamically modifying dependency versions during resolve
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:18:35 GMT
I am trying to modify an ivy system to have special resolve handling at development time.
My goal is to add another resolver (R1) before the published repository that will *always*
find a module if any version of that module exists in R1.

Ex. The repository denoted by R1 contains modules E3 and F3
    The published repository contains modules A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1
G1 depends upon F1 explicitly in its Ivy file.

So when a build happens and G1 is resolved, I want R1 to get in the way and say, "No, I don't
have F1, but I do have F3, so that's what I'll return".

What is the best way (if any) to accomplish this?

I'm experimenting now with overriding the RespositoryResolver. findResourceUsingPattern(...)
method to add this special handling.  This seems to work for resolve, but the retrieve still
pulls down F1.  I think this is because the ModuleRevisionId that is passed in still has the
version F1, so instead of changing the version to F3, I've just partially fooled ivy into
thinking that F1 exists in the F3 location.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ernest