ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject Reducing the number of resolves
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 02:52:11 GMT
Hi all,

We are trying to reduce the number of resolves that a developer needs to do during its daily
development cycle. Specially when hitting a remote repository, the time that a resolve takes
adds up and affects productivity.

We looked into decoupling resolves from compilation + publish (to local repo, for multi-projects
in a developer playpen) but one of the issues we have is the indirect dependency from a publish
to the last resolve executed by the client. The publish (or to be precise, the deliver) relies
on state left in memory by the last resolve. But since neither publish nor deliver allows
the specification of a resolveId, there is very little flexibility left to really break up
the steps.

When we tried that it became easy for a second resolve to be executed in the middle and "corrupt"
the state that would be used for the publish. The result can be quite unsettling, like jars
being published to the wrong module!

Is this a known problem? I couldn't find anything about it in Jira. If so, is there any recommended
workaround?