ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Lasse Knudsen <>
Subject Re: How to use Ivy to publish artifacts to archiva or arifactory?
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 14:35:07 GMT
> Archiva scans the repository periodically, so files directly dropped
> into its directories won't get picked up right away. You may have to
> wait for... however long it is configured in your installation. 8-)
> Also you could try the "Scan Repository Now" button to start an
> immediate scan. I know it's not automatic, but you can test if the
> publishing is successful.

Yeah, I am aware of that and I already tried it, but that don't seem to work either. When
I am searching for my jar
"utility" it is found and Archiva shows me a link /com\knudsen\utility\1.0\utility.pom that
points to
and shows a "Error 404 Not
Found" with the message: The following resource does not exist:

org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.layout.LayoutException: Not a valid request path layout,
too short.

That seems strange to me. Any suggestions? :-) Here is my generated POM (generated by Ivy
Task makepom) by the way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    Apache Maven 2 POM generated by Apache Ivy
    Apache Ivy version: 2.0.0-beta2 20080225093827
<project xmlns="" xmlns:xsi=""

Any suggestions what I am missing here?

View raw message