ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: How to use Ivy to publish artifacts to archiva or arifactory?
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 13:32:38 GMT

Also, Archiva is very strict about enforcing Maven's layout convention,
so if your artifact file name doesn't contain your module name, you're
out of luck.  It cannot be browsed and it will not generate Maven
metadata.   Why do you care about Maven metadata?  Because Archiva won't
allow directory listing, which Ivy needs to determine the available
revisions.  Furthermore, Archiva seems only to want to expose artifacts
of type *.jar, *.pom, and maven-metadata.xml.   Furthermore, if you're
publishing artifacts directly to the filesystem with Archiva, sometimes
they simply won't get indexed at all.

I spent several frustrating weeks month trying to make Archiva function
in a way suitable to my needs.  My conclusion re Archiva, stated in the
most diplomatic possible way, is that Archiva and Maven are a good fit
for one another.   Regarding artifact proxies in general, and fancy
web-based repository managers, these are a nice convenience but really
give no business value over using a straight NFS or SMB file share.
Your needs may vary, of course.