ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: IvyDE feature.
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 09:40:34 GMT
This is brilliant,

Many thanks for this.

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Lalevée [mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org]
Sent: 15 May 2008 18:58
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: IvyDE feature.

Le 15 mai 08 à 17:31, Foreman, Alex (IT) a écrit :

> Hi,
> Sorry if I missed this before but is there a feature external download
> site for IvyDE?

There is mine, which I build myself from the trunk from time to time.
http://www.hibnet.org/ivyde/updatesite

I will push a new build there soon.

> We wish to package it on our internal update site and its massivly
> easier if we can get it from an external site as a feature and just
> using that, instead of having to create the feature ourselves.

Recently I have committed a build system for IvyDE, which include a feature. I have also added
some doc about how to build it.
Checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/ivyde/trunk/doc/ and open the build.html
file.

> Another question is: has 2.0 been scheduled yet?

No, not yet.

>  Or are we going to have a few new release candidates first?

probably the first Apache release will be a beta or RC, but nothing have been discussed yet.

>  Is it still the plan to get a version of ivyDE as an apache release
> to coincide with this release of Ivy?

Actually the trunk version is packaged in two bundles: Ivy itself, the same jar you are using
with ant, and the IvyDE eclipse plugin. So as Ivy get released, you would be able to update
it in your Eclipse without having to release IvyDE. There actually no need to synchronize
anything. We "just" need to make IvyDE stable and start release cycles. Any contribution will
be welcomed ;)

Nicolas