ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE feature.
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:57:34 GMT

Le 15 mai 08 à 17:31, Foreman, Alex (IT) a écrit :

> Hi,
> Sorry if I missed this before but is there a feature external
> download site for IvyDE?

There is mine, which I build myself from the trunk from time to time.
http://www.hibnet.org/ivyde/updatesite

I will push a new build there soon.

> We wish to package it on our internal update site and its massivly
> easier if we can get it from an external site as a feature and just
> using that, instead of having to create the feature ourselves.

Recently I have committed a build system for IvyDE, which include a
feature. I have also added some doc about how to build it.
Checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/ivyde/trunk/doc/ and
open the build.html file.

> Another question is: has 2.0 been scheduled yet?

No, not yet.

>  Or are we going to have a few new release candidates first?

probably the first Apache release will be a beta or RC, but nothing
have been discussed yet.

>  Is it still the plan to get a version of ivyDE as an apache release
> to coincide with this release of Ivy?

Actually the trunk version is packaged in two bundles: Ivy itself, the
same jar you are using with ant, and the IvyDE eclipse plugin. So as
Ivy get released, you would be able to update it in your Eclipse
without having to release IvyDE. There actually no need to synchronize
anything. We "just" need to make IvyDE stable and start release
cycles. Any contribution will be welcomed ;)

Nicolas