ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE and ivysettings.xml files
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 13:24:29 GMT
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@joost.com>
wrote:

> Le mardi 20 mai 2008, John O'Grady a écrit :
> > Forgive me if this is the wrong list for these questions.
>
> This is the good place ! :)
>
> > I was wondering if there is some reason that the Eclipse plugin (IvyDE)
> > will not look for an ivysettings.xml file on a per-project basis, and
> > then why the path the plugin is looking for for the ivysettings.xml file
> > is not project-rooted?
>
> There is some usecase where you have a lot of different projects, but one
> configuration. Then you want to specify absolute path.
>
> > On that last point, at work we have project-specific ivysettings.xml
> > files, and because the plugin looks for that file on a file-system basis
> > rather than a project basis, it makes using the plugin with our projects
> > impossible, since if we share the Eclipse settings files, the path for
> > the locations of the ivysettings.xml file may differ per developer
> machine.
>
> First, which version of IvyDE are you using ?
>
> Then the feature you are talking about should work since the version
> 1.1.0.
> (IVYDE-25). If it doesn't please open a Jira issue.

I use project specific settings every day, and it works like a charm. The
syntax is awkward (file://./ivysettings.xml as URL), but you don't see this
too often. Easing this configuration would be a nice improvement though.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/