ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version dependencies
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 12:49:50 GMT
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-user@nmhq.net>
wrote:

> On Mon 2008-05-05 at 13:24h, Xavier Hanin wrote on ivy-user:
> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
> wrote:
> :
> > > Does rev="2.5+" match "2.5.3" ?
> :
> > I know the syntax is confusing, but the + versions can be read as
> "starts
> > with?". If you need more powerful stuff, use version ranges.
>
> Any chance of adding a version matcher for the JSR-277 (draft) version
> range syntax? I find that one to be pretty intuitive.

Adding such a version matcher would be pretty easy. The main problem IMO
would be to distinguish the syntax from others (Ivy deduces the version
matcher from the version only, there is no additional parameter). Maybe we
could use a prefix or suffix to the official syntax. Feel free to open an
issue in JIRA, and even contribute a patch if you like :-)

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/