ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jim White <...@pagesmiths.com>
Subject IFCX Wings & GroovyForOpenOffice updates
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 19:55:25 GMT
Howdy Gang!

To see an innovative application of Ivy, you might like to check out
IFCX Wings.

IFCX Wings and GroovyForOpenOffice have been updated to v0.6.  G4OO
features Groovy 1.5.6 and Apache Ivy 2.0-SNAPSHOT bundled with the Ivy
RoundUp BuilderResolver.

http://www.ifcx.org/

This release of Wings should be useful on at least an experimental level
for the adventurous.  The examples include plenty of Groovy of course,
but also Ruby/JRuby, Python/Jython, Haskell/Jaskell, and Scala.

Apache Ivy integration (which fully supports Maven repositories) enables
JAR dependencies to be loaded dynamically.  And languages are pluggable
via the JSR 223: Scripting for the Java Platform.  JDK 1.5 is all that
is required, although JDK 1.6 or 1.7 are fine of course.

http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/

I haven't tried out the RoundUp stuff myself yet, but I'm very keen to
do so.  I see that it's resolver has a new name, which I hope won't be a
problem for stuff using the old name...

You can get an idea of what Wings looks like from the example HTML
export.  A screencast is planned as well of course...

http://www.ifcx.org/wiki/Wings.html
http://www.ifcx.org/attach/Wings/WingsExample.html

Coming up for v0.7 of Wings are a JUnit test generator and a Ivy/Maven
@use annotation processor.

Jim