ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Retriving a dependency (findbugs) with file structure other than the default one
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 14:31:05 GMT

Le 8 mai 08 à 11:39, Daniel Adrian a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add the findbugs tool as a dependency for a project, as
> another configuration.
> findbugs needs a specific folder structure for it to work, all the
> libs are
> in the lib folder and all the plugins are in the plugins folder.
>
> I wasn't able to find a way to define it with ivy.
> My retrieve pattern is
> {project.lib.folder}/[conf]/[module]/[artifact].[ext], which works
> well for
> all the other normal dependencies.
> I didn't find a way to put the artifacts of the module or the
> dependencies
> of the the module in a specific place within the libs folder.
> I could just put all the libs and the plugins in the findbugs module
> and
> when ivy retrieves it the folder structure will be correct, but it's
> not an
> elegant solution.

I don't know firebug configuration, plugins and so on.
So as far as I understand what you are trying to do, shouldn't this
work ?

<ivy:retrieve conf="firebug-lib" pattern="firebugdir/libs/[artifact].
[ext]">
<ivy:retrieve conf="firebug-plugins" pattern="firebugdir/plugins/
[artifact].[ext]">

And in your ivy.xml you have two configurations firebug-lib and
firebug-plugins which contains the expected modules.

> The other thing I tried was to zip it all up and then expend it
> after ivy
> retrieved it (using the
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/configuration/triggers.html
> trigger from the documentation ), to {project.lib.folder}/[conf]/
> [module]. I
> had 2 problems here:
> 1) There was no way to get the configuration name of the module. Tried
> ${dep.conf} and ${dep.configuration}.
> 2) When I hard coded the configuration name, it didn't work because
> the sync
> option is on and I think it just deleted it.
>
> I looked at the ibiblio
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/findbugs/findbugs-ant/1.0.0/findbugs-ant-1.0.0.pom
> pom file  which just takes the files from their scm.

As far as I understand pom.xml, it doesn't. The scm info is just about
metadata of the project, the resolve process doesn't care about it.

Nicolas