ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE and ivysettings.xml files
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 14:01:21 GMT
Le mardi 20 mai 2008, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Nicolas Lalevée
> <nicolas.lalevee@joost.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Le mardi 20 mai 2008, John O'Grady a écrit :
> > > Forgive me if this is the wrong list for these questions.
> >
> > This is the good place ! :)
> >
> > > I was wondering if there is some reason that the Eclipse plugin (IvyDE)
> > > will not look for an ivysettings.xml file on a per-project basis, and
> > > then why the path the plugin is looking for for the ivysettings.xml
> > > file is not project-rooted?
> >
> > There is some usecase where you have a lot of different projects, but one
> > configuration. Then you want to specify absolute path.
> >
> > > On that last point, at work we have project-specific ivysettings.xml
> > > files, and because the plugin looks for that file on a file-system
> > > basis rather than a project basis, it makes using the plugin with our
> > > projects impossible, since if we share the Eclipse settings files, the
> > > path for the locations of the ivysettings.xml file may differ per
> > > developer
> >
> > machine.
> >
> > First, which version of IvyDE are you using ?
> >
> > Then the feature you are talking about should work since the version
> > 1.1.0.
> > (IVYDE-25). If it doesn't please open a Jira issue.
>
> I use project specific settings every day, and it works like a charm. The
> syntax is awkward (file://./ivysettings.xml as URL), but you don't see this
> too often. Easing this configuration would be a nice improvement though.

yep, I thought of new scheme, project:, which also should allow to point to
other project.
projet://mymasterproject/ivysettings.xml
projet:///ivysettings.xml => point to "current" project

I think that would be cool if we can also make the UI support that,
special "browse by project button" and so on.
I should probably put it into a Jira issue!

Nicolas