ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@joost.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE and ivysettings.xml files
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 07:58:23 GMT
Le mardi 20 mai 2008, John O'Grady a écrit :
> Forgive me if this is the wrong list for these questions.

This is the good place ! :)

> I was wondering if there is some reason that the Eclipse plugin (IvyDE)
> will not look for an ivysettings.xml file on a per-project basis, and
> then why the path the plugin is looking for for the ivysettings.xml file
> is not project-rooted?

There is some usecase where you have a lot of different projects, but one
configuration. Then you want to specify absolute path.

> On that last point, at work we have project-specific ivysettings.xml
> files, and because the plugin looks for that file on a file-system basis
> rather than a project basis, it makes using the plugin with our projects
> impossible, since if we share the Eclipse settings files, the path for
> the locations of the ivysettings.xml file may differ per developer machine.

First, which version of IvyDE are you using ?

Then the feature you are talking about should work since the version 1.1.0.
(IVYDE-25). If it doesn't please open a Jira issue.

cheers,
Nicolas