ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: When I update an ivy file in my repository ivy uses the version from cache.
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 01:58:33 GMT
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 02:49:12PM -0400, Saksa, Steven (NIH/NCI) [C] wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>   I am fairly new to IVY also I am a System Administrator not a developer.  Any way we
setup a repository and were constantly editing IVY configs and thus  had some issues with
cache not getting updated.  To work around the issue so we were just cleaning the cache with
every build to ensure that we got what we wanted.  Anyway the repository is fairly stable
now and I have time to look into the cache issues.  I have included most of my configurations
and observations below.  Here is the general flow.

>   * Using Ivy 2.0.0-beta2
>   * Update ivy.xml file to include new dependency
>   * Generate new .md5 and .sha1 files
>   * Commit the file  (resolved via url from svn)
>   * Run ant target to retreive the files
>   * Resolve does not download the new depenency
>   * Check of cache directory shows that the bda-utils ivy.xml file is not updated
>   * After much research added ivy.resolver.default.check.modified property to try and
circumvent cache

Did you try setting changemodified="true" on the resolver directly?

--
Jing Xue