ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Miranda <clau...@claudius.com.br>
Subject How to download files from ivyrepo with the same last-modified date ?
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 15:44:46 GMT

At the current customer I am working on, they use javawebstart (JWS) and the
libraries are versioned at CVS. As you are thinking, ivy is the best
candidate to manage those dependencies :)

However there is an obstacle, that I will explain. The JWS uses the
last-modified timestamp of each .jar file to download and update the library
on JWS library repository at $HOME/.java/deployment/cache/javaws/ of each
client.

AFAIK mvn update the last-modified timestamp of each downloaded file to the
current download date, consequently ivy does the same (for maven repo). That
situation, will make the JWS client see different date timestamp between
cached copies and remote copies (eg: commons-codec.jar 1.3 has date of
2006-08-23).

Supposing, you have understand the issue, I gently ask if there is a way to
use the ivyrepo, to maintain the last-modified timestamp for each downloaded
file.

A note: I cannot use (for now) JNLP versioning support [1], as it introduces
another change into the build infrastructure. I plan to use it later, when
ivy is supposed to be running flawlessly.

1 -
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/developersguide/downloadservletguide.html#example2

Thanks

-----