ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From oakridge <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Global and Local Excludes Being Ignored By Ivy [Config Prblm of Bug?]
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 21:06:29 GMT

Hi all,

My project depends on a given version of Hibernate, but also has other
dependencies that rely on different versions of Hibernate.  The problem I am
experiencing is that the global excludes I have in place are not being
respected.  For example, I am attempting to exclude the CGLIB library (a
dependency of Hibernate), but it is always downloaded.  I found that if I
remove the dependencies which rely on Hibernate, the problem goes away.  It
seems as if Ivy is merging all the configurations/versions for the various
Hibernate files, and then resolving them.  I understand that this an
expected Ivy behavior from reading this message:

http://www.nabble.com/Conflicting-module-configurations-td14408110.html#a14420283

...but I believe the global and local exclude should still be respected
across the "merged" Hibernate config.  Is there way to ensure that other
dependencies don't interfere with my need to remove CGLIB without using the
transitive="false" statement and explicitly mapping Hibernates artifacts? Or
is this a bug?

Thanks,
Julian