ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Adrian <paradoxpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Retriving a dependency (findbugs) with file structure other than the default one
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 09:39:39 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to add the findbugs tool as a dependency for a project, as
another configuration.
findbugs needs a specific folder structure for it to work, all the libs are
in the lib folder and all the plugins are in the plugins folder.

I wasn't able to find a way to define it with ivy.
My retrieve pattern is
{project.lib.folder}/[conf]/[module]/[artifact].[ext], which works well for
all the other normal dependencies.
I didn't find a way to put the artifacts of the module or the dependencies
of the the module in a specific place within the libs folder.
I could just put all the libs and the plugins in the findbugs module and
when ivy retrieves it the folder structure will be correct, but it's not an
elegant solution.

The other thing I tried was to zip it all up and then expend it after ivy
retrieved it (using the
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/configuration/triggers.html
trigger from the documentation ), to {project.lib.folder}/[conf]/[module]. I
had 2 problems here:
1) There was no way to get the configuration name of the module. Tried
${dep.conf} and ${dep.configuration}.
2) When I hard coded the configuration name, it didn't work because the sync
option is on and I think it just deleted it.

I looked at the ibiblio
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/findbugs/findbugs-ant/1.0.0/findbugs-ant-1.0.0.pom
pom file  which just takes the files from their scm.

Has anyone tried to do the same?

Thank you for your help,

Daniel