ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Laccetti <mich...@s2g.ca>
Subject RE: Success with app servers in Eclipse WTP - Hot Deploy
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 16:17:48 GMT

You're right; MyEclipse needs to stop putting stuff in, and fix some of the
outstanding problems (deploying issues with Maven springs to mind), but the
application server support is pretty great.

Regarding Jetty, you don't actually have to use WTP to do that.  You can
launch it as an embedded server using the regular "Run As" functionality
within Eclipse.  The hot deployment of code works quite well, though I'm not
sure how it would handle dependent projects.  There is a pretty good blog
post about it here:
http://www.codecommit.com/blog/java/so-long-wtp-embedded-jetty-for-me

Mike

-----
--
Michael Laccetti                                 (416)558-9718
S2G Limited                                       http://www.s2g.ca/